Better eggs mean better chances of pregnancy, whether we're talking natural conception, IVF and everything in between.
After the age of 35 (and even earlier than this in some women), ovarian reserve and egg quality often begin to diminish rapidly. It is a natural process and therefore very difficult to stop or prevent. Fortunately there are still a few things we can do to slow down this decline in fertility and help our bodies select and mature the best oocytes we have in store.
These 7 supplements are each scientifically proven by clinical studies and ACTUALLY WORK to improve egg quality, AMH levels and healthy ovulation:
• Vitamin D helps improve low AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) levels and protects the remaining ovarian reserve from further degradation. There's also evidence that it promotes healthy implantation of the embryo and lowers miscarriage risk as well.
• Zinc is a well known fertility promoter. It has an amazingly beneficial impact on our reproductive health - it improves overall fertility, egg quality and live birth rates
• Iron supplementation is so important since iron deficiency and resulting anemia are very common in young women of reproductive age, mostly due to periodic menstrual blood loss. More than that, low iron levels were shown to impact ovulation and raise the risk of ovulatory dysfunctions. If you are trying to conceive, make sure you check your blood iron levels and hemoglobin and take a supplement if you need to.
• Omega 3 fatty acids are a wonder-supplement that improves your health on so many levels. They are great for your heart, your brain, your skin and your fertility. Studies have shown that Omega 3 improves egg quality and promotes better ovulations with higher chances of pregnancy in women over the age of 30. Rich dietary sources, apart from supplements, include fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines, etc.
• Coenzyme Q10 is most fertility doctors’ choice for boosting egg quality and pregnancy rates before IVF cycles and egg retrieval. But you can experience all its benefits if you are trying for a natural conception as well.
• L-arginine is a great antioxidant known to increase genital blood flow, progesterone levels, sexual libido, fertile mucus and most importantly egg quality. It’s basically a perfect supplement to take, especially if you are trying to conceive naturally.
• L-carnitine is similar to L-arginine in many ways - it also promotes your fertility and helps preserve egg quality by preventing DNA damage to the cells
Remember that some of these supplements require time to work and show their full beneficial effect on your fertility. So take them for at least 2 months before giving your verdict on their efficacy.
For dosage information as well as personalized recommendations on fertility-enhancing supplementation & fertility nutrition plans, I am offering Private Consultations and Fertility Coaching. Contact me for more info.